Mathematics Tutor 1A, is the first of a two-book series specially written to serve as a mathematics companion for 1st grade students. This 9-chapter volume, which follows closely to the new mathematics syllabus by the Singapore Ministry of Education, is comprehensive as it is suitable for students who self-studies at home. It is dedicated to helping students revise in an effective and efficient way, as well as to help them prepare confidently.
Mathematics Tutor 1A
Each topic in Mathematics Tutor 1A, contains the following features:
- Targets to help pupils focus on the relevant concepts during their revision.
- Comprehensive notes and worked examples where the important concepts are emphasised. The worked examples will help them learn how to solve similar types of questions.
- Tutorials by topics found at the end of each chapter supplement classroom exercises.
- Thinking skills corner is where students can find more challenging and thought-provoking questions. They will be able to train their problem-solving skills by applying the concepts learned in the chapters.
Review assessments are found after every few chapters to help students refresh all the concepts learned in these chapters.
Answers with complete worked solutions are provided at the end of the book and will be useful for reference.
- Numbers 0 - 10
- Number Bonds
- Addtion and subtraction within 10
- Shapes and patterns
- Ordinal Numbers and Positions
- Numbers to 20
- Addition and subtraction within 20